Things to do by interest:
click to view
Wheelin’ Through Westport-Motorcycle Tour
Known as a scenic byway, the road to the old river town of Westport is a beautiful one! The town’s landscape hasn’t changed a whole lot since then so ride safely over the hills and through the hair-pin turns to get
there. Westport Park is Oldham County’s gorgeous access to the Ohio river.
Be safe and enjoy your ride!
Turn by Turn riding directions:
- From I-71, take Exit 22 from Louisville
- Turn LEFT onto KY-53 and ride for 2.3 miles (thru LaGrange, over the railroad tracks)
- Turn RIGHT onto Old Sligo Road, (County Rd. 3223) and enjoy the gorgeous ride for
Pillow & Paddock, our newest bed & breakfast, is located on your LEFT about ½ mile
down. Look for her sign on a black fence.
- Turn LEFT onto Bluegrass Parkway.
- Drive safely and courteously through this gorgeous residential neighborhood…
for 2.7 miles
- Bluegrass Country Estate, Kentucky’s Premier Luxury B&B is located at 1226 Bluegrass
Parkway, on your LEFT.
- Bluegrass Parkway comes to an end at US Highway 42.
- Turn RIGHT onto US Highway 42 East and proceed about 2 miles to Highway 524 (on
Turn LEFT onto E. Highway 524. BE CAREFUL! Beautiful but curvy roads ahead! Enjoy
your ride for about 8 miles
When you turn onto Highway 524, you will soon pass Little Big Horse Trails horseback
riding on your LEFT. You will also pass Morgan Conservation Park on your RIGHT. Stop
and enjoy the scenery or take a ride of a different kind!
- After about 8 miles, Highway 524 will come to a “T”.
- Turn LEFT onto Main Street/Westport Road
STOP at Knock On Wood Merchantile on your RIGHT while you wait to be seated at the
Westport General Store restaurant on your LEFT. Enjoy their bison ribeye, raised right across
the street! Tip your bandana at owner, Will Crawford, as you head back to LaGrange.
- After dinner, turn LEFT out of the parking lot onto South Main Street and continue
about 3.5 miles until Main Street ends back on Highway 42.
- At the “T”, turn LEFT onto US Highway 42 East.
- Continue riding for about 1 mile then make a RIGHT onto KY Highway 53/N. 1st Street
to head back to LaGrange.
- If you are staying at one of the B&B’s, look to your LEFT for Old Sligo Road/Hwy 3223.
- When you come to the railroad tracks, make a LEFT onto the railroad tracks on Main
Park and enjoy an ice cold beverage at Irish Rover II before you head back to your room.
Be sure to visit award-winning, Ink Well Tattoo while you’re in town…call ahead if you
need their services as a momento of your trip to Oldham Country!
- Get back on Highway 53 and continue straight to I-71 and all hotels. If you stayed at
Bluegrass Country Estate or Pillow & Paddock, turn the opposite way on Highway 53.